Thursday, October 1, 2009

One of My Favorite Things



There is a side of me that I have not talked about much yet.  And surprisingly it is quite dear to me.  That is my love of music. Maybe it is because it is somewhat personal to me.  Or possibly it is because the genre of music I tend to listen to is not necessarily one that is common to my age group.  Who knows... yet as I said earlier it is something that is quite special to me and honestly I would have to say that I seldom go through a day without listening to some  form of music.

Vincent & I discovered the joys of Music Festivals a few years back and I was quickly sold on them.  It quite appealed to my thrifty self.  Who would not consider it a great deal when you go to a 3 day festival, see 100+ bands, for the price of 2-3.  Our favorite festivals would have to be Bonnaroo in Tennessee and Lallapalooza in Chicago. Bonnaroo giving you the feel of a modern day Woodstock and Lollapalooza the same just with a comfortable hotel bed and hot shower at the end of the day. 


There is just something about still being able to go to a concert and if you want to go to the front of the stage  and ride the rail and we like to tease about... you still can... In fact last time when Vince & I went to Lollapalooza, we spent from 1 pm to after midnight front and center at the main stage:  seeing such bands as Silverchair, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Clap Your Hands Say Yea, Moe, & Muse (my fave).  It was my first time to have crowd surfers going over my head... Not too bad for a 40 some year old woman... And I can't wait to do it again...

1 comment: