Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm


The last week has been simply wonderful.  Temperatures well above normal and sunshine in abundance.  It has been difficult to focus on anything being done inside.  I will admit I have spent many an hour outside enjoying the unseasonable weather and at times doing nothing at all but just sitting and smiling.  Yet I know that this activity can not last much longer.  Just as the weather will surely turn colder to match the seasons, I will once again need to become busy.

It is the holiday run.  Or so that is how I look at this time.. Thanksgiving is not far away then Christmas will soon be close behind.  I love the festive season although I also dread it.  It seems that so much becomes somewhat of a rat race.  I have opted this year to make it a more rustic holiday.... Cooking, homemade things... Simple and down to earth.

I always enjoy tremendously cooking at this time of year.... The goodies are always so tasty and it warms the house.  Plus the aromas are heavenly.  The smell of cinnamon and cloves is one of my favorites. 

Look for many a recipe in the following weeks and also probably stories about memories past.  This is always a good time to reflect on our pasts as well as our present and to realize all we have to be thankful for.  Enjoy your Sunday. 

3 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to the recipes and most especially the reminiscing!

    ReplyDelete