Monday, November 16, 2009

Finally.......



The last couple weeks have been anything but like fall.  The temperatures were well into the 70's and a few times in the 80's.  The heater had not been turned on.  Flowers still bloomed through out the yard, even the new marigolds that sprouted from seeds I had scattered earlier.  I had began to wonder if it was ever going to get colder.  Yet mother nature did not disappoint me, as she never does.  Over the weekend, a nice front from up north blew itself down our way, It brought with it much colder temperatures (in the 40's) and a little bit of moisture.  Some were even lucky enough to see a few snow flurries.

I am glad as finally I feel a bit more in the festive mood.  It is always during this time when I start my cooking and such, and the warmer weather was making it hard to get into the mood.  Finally it feels like a good time to put on a big pot of chicken noodle soup and maybe whip up some home made bread... Finally I want to stay indoors and do all the things I need to because it is too cold to go outdoors.  Finally......

Although I will miss the warm temperatures in mid November; I look forward to the cold sleep of winter... Thanksgiving is next week and good foods are on the menu to be prepared.... If all goes well a few of the recipes will be shared here... Take care

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I am in Tucson. Last week we were in the 90's!!!! This week we are in the 70's. This is fall for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to those recipies!

    ReplyDelete