Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me


I know it is not my birthday until tomorrow yet I received the best present ever from Vincent.  For some time I have had a desire to start sewing.  Not that I am what one would call an expert, there was just a few things I thought I would like to try my hand at.  Most of them extremely basic.

Anyhow, imagine my surprise when I received the brother 900 d.  It not only sews it also embroideries.  It is strange to me still that so many things these days practically does all the work for you.... and yes this machine is no exception.  I am currently working on an advent calendar for my grandkids.  I think I may have bit off a bit more than I thought in the beginning yet it is great fun.  I will be sure and let all of you see when it is finished. 

Just wanted to share with you my joy... Have a great Wednesday....

3 comments:

  1. I think you will find so many uses for machine-embroidery! It is lovely. Happy Birthday to You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to you!

    May this year bring you even more blessings, love, and happiness!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to this calender you are working on.

    The sewing machine looks very cool and no doubt you will show/tell us some things you will do with it.

    ReplyDelete