Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Wonderful Surprise - And It's Not Even My Birthday

Anyone who knows me, knows I love surprises even when I act like I don't...  And I have to say that today I received a wonderful one.  Next week is my birthday and with 2 of my three children living out of state I always know that means surprises in the mail.  The great thing about it is that my birthday is not boxed into one day.  And the other days that it may be are always a surprise to me as I don't know for sure when I will receive their well wishes.   Well today was one of those surprise days.  My middle son and his sweet fiance, who lives back east in Alexandria, VA sent me the most wonderful gift. 

 An orginal painting by Dorothy Kadosh.  It is so beautiful and the full moon just leaps out at you.  The tree is painted in some sort of three-d sense and wraps around the canvas making the picture even more vivid.  Dorothy is an artist from Pennsylvania.  She is also known for her work as a renowned Astrologer.  Her life sounds very interesting, I look forward to learning more about her as I am sure I will have to goggle her. 


Also in the box of surprises  was a small Chinese food container with a fortune cookie, 2 tiny oragami turtles, and a pair of beautiful silver & purple earings...  It was a wonderful start to the week before my birthday.  I guess turning 48 is not that bad after all.  A big thank you to Zac and Shannon for making my Thursday a bit more brighter.  Can't wait to see you all at Christmas.  Love you both bunches.....

No comments:

Post a Comment