Monday, February 22, 2010

A Change Would Do Me Good

We have lived at our current location for few years now and have always been blessed with the yearly visitation of our Candians.  About this time of year you can see them return even though I am sure they have been around somewhere during the earlier months.  Yet it is the time when love is in the air and nature begins its routine of courtship and eventual propagation.  I have always been amazed at the constant routine that the Canadian has.  Each year they return to the same place.  This is not the first time I have seen such behavior. 

I remember a neighbor once who had 2 geese whose wings had been clipped in their back yard.  Each year they would have their duckings and raise them as any good parent would.  When the time came and the urge increased the young ones do as most wild geese do and fly south.  Yet every spring once again they would come home to visit. 

Likewise we fall into our routines of choice.  Some we follow on a daily basis not even realizing that such actions are routine.  Yet still we persist.  Yes, sometimes we are taken off track and the activities of our day may change.  And yes, at these times we usually feel out of place and somewhat off track.  Yet as soon as we fall back into the norm we are accustomed to our lives return to that even keel we all love to sit in. 

I have been challenged to think about my routine.  Not only on a daily basis yet in an overall view and ask myself if possibly a change is needed.  I have come to realize that I am quite a person of routine and am not a very happy camper when out of it.  Yet I think that change and evolvement is a good thing and is needed for a constant growth.  Therefore as spring approaches I am urged to ask if maybe some personal spring cleaning is needed.  Definitely in my home I know this is true.  Yet likewise in my personal home (me) I am sure some dusting and rearranging would not hurt either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment