Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Here Comes the Sun

The sun finally decided to come and visit.  It was a much welcomed guest.  It seemed like the gloom of winter has stuck around way longer than usual.  A brief snow storm yesterday gave us an enjoyable day inside watching the big fluffy flakes fall although none of them stuck.  The yard is a so wet from all the precipitation we have received that it melted on contact.  Yet today the sun is in full bloom.  I am ready for spring to come and start its dance.  The daffodils and tulips are poking their heads out of the gound just waiting for the chance to rise up and show their beauty.  I noticed several Robins in the yard the other day, another sign that Spring is around the corner.  Or so that is what they say.  Yet I would take any wives tale now as an explanation that the weather will be getting warmer  and the clutches of winter will finally be loosed and gone.

My seeds which I planted indoors some time back are doing quite well... They have sprouted up nicely and hopefully in not too long I can think about transplanting them... I am so eager to get into the yard and start working.  So many plans I have for this summer... There is some clean up to be done after the ice storm yet really the damage was minimal.  I found a great buy on Pampas grass at a local nursery and plan to purchase some for a natural fence in the front of the house.  I am also eager to see the new bulbs bloom which I planted last fall. 

It seems the colder weather has kept us indoors much more than normal therefore I have been cooking much more than normal.   Not a bad thing if there are several around to eat all that is cooked.  Yet when it is just Vincent and I, it is not a good thing.  I am eager for the farmer markets to open again.  I always love the fresh local produce. 


1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking of the Markets this weekend too - how I can't wait for "real" fruit and veggies - not the carboard things I'm getting at the grocery store right now!

    I'm so glad you are getting sun - do send some North to me, if you can!

    ReplyDelete