Tuesday, March 30, 2010

In My Absence

Last week I was on a little vacation.  I traveled to Tennessee to visit my daughter's family.  Of course this meant I was able to see my grandkids that I had not seen for the last 5 months.  It was a wonderful treat... full of hugs, playtime and more hugs.  I am always amazed at how much they can grow in such a short amount of time.  The new grandbaby should be here soon as the due date is April 12th.  I have to say though that she looks like she could deliver any day.  And I know she would be happy to do so.

Also since I have arrived home, Vincent and I gained a new addition to our own family.  We have been having withdrawls from the absence of the grandkids and decided to get a baby of our own.  His name is Winston and he is 8 weeks old.  He has been a dear these last few days and I have a feeling that we are going to enjoy him tremendously.  Already he is showing signs of being an extremely smart dog, yet most labs are.

The warmer weather also has come and it truly feels like spring is here.  Although the winds have not quite subsided the warmer temps have made it possible to start working in the yard and doing some of the work that I have been patiently waiting to start.  I am so eager to plant some flowers throughout the yard yet do not want to get to far ahead of myself as there could still be a bit of a cold snap to come. 

Easter is this Sunday and I think the thing I will miss the most is coloring eggs with my grandkids.  I have considered doing it myself yet do not know what I would do with them afterwards.  I sent the goodie packages off in the mail yesterday to my daughter's family as well as my son in DC.  I will give the other to my eldest son this weekend when they come over.  I think no matter how old they get they will never tire of a basket of goodies.  The one year I did not make them, I was quickly reminded at how much they are loved. 

Hoping all of you are having a wonderful week... and if I do not get back here before the weekend.... Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely trip!

    Winston is ADORABLE!!

    Glad you are home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete