Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Mumblings

Well it is Monday again… Another week has crept by us and hopefully most enjoyed a wonderful weekend. The weather has been very spring like since March has begun. The temperatures have stayed in the 50’s for the most part and at times even managed to go higher. It has been very enjoyable. Although I know that a sudden snow storm can still come and get us I am glad for the warmer temperatures. I have learned not to dismiss old man winter as being gone until at least Easter. That is still a few weeks away so I haven’t put all my winter clothes away just yet. I am thinking about changing out the flannel sheets though.
 
In a few weeks I am going to get to venture a bit to the east and visit my daughter and her family for a bit. I have to admit that I am tremendously excited because it has been almost 5 months since I have seen my grandkids. Now I know that may not seem like a long time to some. Yet to any grandma, they understand. We exchange letters, phone calls, and even talk via Skype on occasion. Still nothing matches the feeling of a good old fashioned hug from your grandchild. I am sure both have grown like weeds since last I seen them.
 
We are supposed to have thunderstorms this afternoon. I have to admit that I am a bit excited about it. As long as they do not turn to severe I love to sit and just enjoy a good storm. It is only March yet still we can have some good ones. Last year we had tornados in February. It is something that does not happen too often yet occasionally it can. I have learned living in Oklahoma that you come to expect just about anything when it comes to the weather. I have even seen it snow in the midst of a thunderstorm. This year I would love to attempt to capture some photographs which show the beauty of an Oklahoma storm. We have some beautiful cloud formations at times. And there is always the elusive lightning shot.
 
My seedlings that I started some time back are doing quite well. Lets just say most of them are. I think I may have started them a bit early. Yet it was a learning experience. I learned which seeds are best suited for such planting. I am planning on planting some more of these seeds and by the time they have sprouted I should be able to put them outdoors. I did find some beautiful cannas bulbs last week. I am planning on planting them tomorrow and more than likely will purchase a few more plus a couple elephant ears. I can hardly wait to get my hands in the dirt.
 
The Canadian geese are still visiting daily. In fact they stay all day sometimes. Over the weekend we witnessed several standoffs between different males as other couples attempted to come and share our yard with the couple who have already set claim to it. They can be extremely aggressive. I was pinched once when I was young by a goose. Not a fun thing if I do say so myself. The pair that are with us most of the time seem to have befriended our cats. Even though they stalk them like the great hunters they are. I am surprised that the geese have not gone after them. Yet I think that they find the cats, especially Sunny, quite comical.
 
Well it is off to my Monday chores. Until next time… Have a good day and don’t forget to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment