Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Banana Nut Bread

One of the things I miss most about my old job are the friends that were made. Some of them I still keep in contact with and visit with quite often. Yet there are some that I have not. One inparticular was a woman named Mireida. She was of Dutch descent and came from Aruba. She was a lovely woman with truly compassionate personality. Often she would bring me goodies as a gesture of our friendship. One of my favorites was her Banana Nut Bread. It was so moist and so wonderful with a cup of coffee. It took some coaxing yet eventually I was able to get the recipe from her. I am not usually a big banana bread lover, yet this recipe changed my mind. Enjoy.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups mashed ripe bananas
2 cups unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup raisens
* Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time. Beating well after each addition. Add bananas and mix until smooth.
* Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture, stirring just enough to moisten. Fold in chopped pecans and raisens.
* Pour batter into greased and floured 9x5x3 loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes .

No comments:

Post a Comment