Monday, August 3, 2009

Taking Advantage of the Moment



You may have noticed that the last few days I have not been as vigilant at keeping to my promise to have an entry every day. I could make up several excuses as to why this is so, yet the truth of the matter is that I have been enjoying spending time with Vincent.

It is a grand thing when you find someone who you truly just love to spend time with. Vincent and I are that way. He had been working non-stop for the month of July and when he finally received some time off, we took advantage of it. The weather had been just beautiful, much cooler than normal late July weather. We took the bike out a few times, worked in our yard, went to the movies, and did nothing at times. It has been enjoyable and well worth the laziness. Yet once again it is time to get back to the things that need tending.

I think it is important to take advantage of moments like that. I think of my grandkids and know there were plenty of times when I let things slide just so I could sit and play with them. I would not trade those moments for anything. I have found that most things will still be there when you decide to become industrious again and tend to them.

Love & Peace
Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment